Wednesday, December 13, 2006

travels/journeys pt. 2

I just read this description from the NRDC website of one woman's journey to the Tongass National Forest in Alaska. I would very much like to see the glaciers and the icebergs up north. I've seen--no--I've walked on glaciers before in North America and Europe. But back then, I had no idea that these natural wonders were in danger of disappearing. I wonder if the glaciers I encountered in Montana and in France are still there, or if they have melted away significantly.

I just got an e-mail from M. Didn't think I would ever hear from him again. He invited me to his birthday party. I know it was just a formality, and that he really didn't expect me to come, but the invitation simply means that he is thinking of me, and hasn't forgotten. So this was his way of reaching out after a few months of silence. I must say that being in communication with him again, even through a mere e-mail, has brought the feelings I've tried to bury to the surface, which tells me clearly that I'm not ready to see him yet.

The tall dutchman in Sweden has been flirting with me via e-mail, which is cute. Somehow it seems ironic that we are being prevented from spending a lot of time together before I leave. Maybe it's because I need to resolve myself with Alexei first, instead of complicating the situation by entertaining other options.

Now I need to pack my bags to journey across the Golden Gate for my housesitting gig with Squelly the kitty.


No comments: