Monday, April 23, 2007

broken dreams/new aspirations

I sold my Coachella 3-day pass finally. The monkey is officially off my back. I had to take a cut, but at least I learned a lesson. I will no longer impulsively buy things for immediate gratification. I need to ask myself before a purchase, "How will this enrich my life?" The bottom line is that if I am serious about the things I want in my 5-year plan, which is due to expire next year, then I need to stop acting the way I used to (impulsive behavior) and start actually making the concrete plans a reality. If I want the house, I need to save for the house. If I want the husband, I need to save for the husband. If I want the baby, I need to save for the baby. And finally, if I want the business, I need to save for the business. I need to make all of these things priorities and short-term goals that I'm actively and presently working towards, rather than categorizing them as long-term things that will happen in my future. The only way to make these things that I want materialize in my life is by living them now.

And not necessarily by going to see my favorite bands in the Palm Desert.

It's funny how 5 years creeps up on you so quickly.

No comments: