Wednesday, July 04, 2007

doh!

The Simpsons have taken over 7-11. I thought it was a scary enough sign of American corporate control that Star Wars took over the US Postal Service.

On second thought, the Simpsons in 7-11 is actually quite funny and clever, with Frosted Krusty O's for sale for instance. And as I drop my resumes and reels into an R2-D2 shaped mailbox, I can tell it, "Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope." So instead of offering your run-of-the-mill exchanges, maybe this takeover of commercial and government institutions will create an entertaining environment for shoppers and employees, like a jedi mind trick persuading people to not go postal, or to buy more donuts.

Which reminds me, when I went to the Post Office in Forest Knolls last week, the postmaster bid me goodbye saying, "May the Force be with you." I suppose I could get used to this.



Simpsons Avatar that I created on the Simpsons movie website!

No comments: