Thursday, November 01, 2007

art is not dead

Having brooding enough over "loss," Jessica and I decided to celebrate in high style last night after all. We cruised the bars in the Lower Haight for a few hours, I as the Butterfly Goddess, she as the High Priestess of the Third Eye, doling out chocolate kisses to any other All Hallow's Eve revelers crossing our paths. We met a fairy princess, Satan, Mother Nature, Mario (of Mario Brothers), the lead singer of the band Poison, Spartacus, three cops (it's funny how certain people dress in costume every day!) among many others choosing to re-identify themselves on this zaniest of holidays.

We recommitted ourselves to the creation of art for art's sake and the task of giving our film about identity a new identity.

Photos to come, as soon as I figure out how to use my new cell phone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank god. Kristin, not celebrating Halloween? The prospect of that depressed me. I'm so sorry about your project with Jessica. I won't bore you with the silver lining/one door closes another opens diatribe. Wait, I just did. Damn. Hugs to you and I'm glad you guys got your groove on.

jen ken

Kristin Tieche said...

What did you and little Meredith get dressed up as? Or do I have to come up there and get your ass in gear to celebrate, damnit?