Friday, May 09, 2008

like father, like son

When we were in junior high and high school, my friend Anne and I used to scour the Marin City flea market for retro-wear. Those were our mod days. We always shopped at a stall run by Stewart. He always had the hottest dresses.

Stewart still has a stall at the Alameda flea market, where I visited with Anne last weekend. I take it that this boy is Stewart's son, patiently reading his novel as his father worked the market, dressed as if his father influenced his ensemble.

This image gave me that feeling of days gone by.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a great picture...total time warp. I like old stuff too.

Kristin Tieche said...

Thanks! You should check out the Alameda flea market sometime. Tons of "old stuff," as you put it. Kinda overwhelming.