Monday, September 08, 2008

bici--birthday-bamboula

Me voici de nouveau à Paris.

I have experienced a few firsts this time around. Today I woke up and turned the ripe age of [ahem] 21 and a half. To celebrate, La Xara and I will head off to the flea market momentarily and who knows what else will transpire later this afternoon and evening. I have also officially waltzed in Paris. Perhaps a little cliché, but who cares! And last but not least, I have a week-long subscription to the Vélib, the city bikeshare program. Experiencing Paris on two wheels is exceptionnel, and I'm happy to report that the drivers have so far been friendly and polite.

On Friday, Anthony led the group of us around which he of course could do blindfolded. After picking up some refreshments, he brought us to a place I'd never even heard of before - les Arènes de Lutèce, a sort of Coliseum where gladiators fought during the Roman era. Now the only games played there are footie for the youngsters and Pétanque for the older folks.

That's it for now. Gotta go maximize my time here!

No comments: