Thursday, October 16, 2008

dances with david [come take a ride]

I have been so negligent. I have had a lot on my mind. I haven't been able to formulate what I want to say here. I will be back with more ruminations from KT's brain soon.

In the meantime, I saw David Byrne (my hero) at Davies Symphony Hall about a week and a half ago. It was quite a sight to see people boogie-ing in the aisles during the concert since all my previous visits to Davies have been to sit and listen to a symphony.

The show rocked to say the least, and for lack of better words (of course it rocked, you say). For the second encore, Extra Action Marching Band (friends of David) traipsed through the crowd from the back, joined Byrne and friends on stage and they literally brought down the house with a truly symphonic rendition of Burning Down The House. A religious experience for me.

David Byrne recently wrote about his visit to SF on his own blog, and I although I am aware that he travels with bicycles wherever he goes, I am quite pleased to learn that he toured the Tiburon Peninsula and Muir Woods à vélo. What I wouldn't give to go on road to nowhere with David Byrne by bike.

2 comments:

Kristin Tieche said...

I just recently discovered that DB and I have the same favorite taqueria in the Mission.

Kristin Tieche said...

And let's not even talk about how I totally flailed by not having a beer at Place Pigalle after the show.