Thursday, May 06, 2010

Ofertório - A Vélo Vogue Film



So if other bloggers get to write about their kids and spouses, I think it's fair game for me to write about my break-ups, and how a bike ride helped me deal with the latest.

This was filmed entirely with my Panasonic DMC-LX2 on the day that I broke up with my ex-boyfriend. I rode my bike to the Labyrinth at Land's End to make an offering and decided to film the whole thing.

The music is Ofertório by Brazilian artist Milton Nascimento. The title means "Offertory." I love the music, but don't understand the lyrics. When I first heard it, I knew it matched the visuals of this film.

2 comments:

portlandize.com said...

It's nice how doing something symbolic can help us deal with difficult times in our lives. Wonderful that your bike enabled you to do that in this case, and what a beautiful place, overlooking the ocean...

Kristin Tieche said...

Hey there! Thanks, yes, the Labyrinth at Land's End is a special place indeed. Incredible spiritual location where the Ocean meets the Bay!