Thursday, November 30, 2006

recombinant

Just went to Recombinant Labs today to tech the show for Saturday. I was definitely inspired. Seeing the films projected around me with the sound score filling every corner of the room made me appreciate how special this place is! And I'm so honored to be part of the event.

Here's the definition of recombinant from dictionary.com:

re‧com‧bi‧nant  [ree-kom-buh-nuhnt]
–adjective
1. of or resulting from new combinations of genetic material: recombinant cells.
–noun
2. a cell or organism whose genetic complement results from recombination.
3. the genetic material produced when segments of DNA from different sources are joined to produce recombinant DNA.
[Origin: 1940–45; re- + combine + -ant

I wish I could be more eloquent today, but my brain is nearly fried from all the technological challenges over the last couple days. I'm going to check out Borat tonight.

No comments: